Monday, November 12, 2007

post-remembrance day entry

Remembrance Day isn't a holiday down here, so it was a bit weird to walk around and not have an event to go to. In amongst the crazy amount of work I had to do on the weekend, though, it was good to chat with my folks on the phone and to take a moment to think about all the crap people have had to deal with as a result of our stupid historical disputes, and to honour them for committing to something they thought was a higher ideal.

"Theirs are the skies all dark with bombers, and mine is the peace we know, between the wars"



-------
In other news, the sad/lonely/stressed thing shows no signs of abating, but I'm getting lots of good advice from friends (except Dereck...wait, that was pretty good advice) so hopefully things will turn around next week when the next wave of assignments are done and school pressure laxes off a bit. It's officially 4 weeks until my classes finish for the first semester. I am going to enjoy this break so much. Time to get some perspective...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I thought I told you to cheer up. Cunt.

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home