Tuesday, August 07, 2007

another amazing speech

So I've written about Harold Pinter's Nobel speech, and a while ago I posted some of Robert Fisk's interview on the crisis in Lebanon last year. Here is a link to another amazing speech I heard courtesy of NPR. It's about an hour long, but I urge you to take the time to listen to at least part of it. The player on the page is for streaming audio, but you can also download it through the links at the bottom and then listen to as much or as little as you want at your leisure (and skip the headlines at the beginning of the program if you're not into them).

Speeches like this alternately fascinate, energise, and enrage me. I always wish I was doing more, and can only hope that I have a positive effect on this world through what I do as an artist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home