Tuesday, April 08, 2008

show over

The show I did had its short run and is now closed. I always feel we get the show to where we want it, to a place where I'm proud and excited to see it run, and then discover that's the last performance.

I'm proud of my work on this one. I took a ridiculously small amount of resources and squeezed them for all they were worth. In the end, I may have pushed the limits a bit (I think I may get in trouble with the school for some unconventional stuff I might have done to the building) but the show needed it and I delivered.

School still has a month to go. I think I was done with this semester weeks ago, but I can keep going for a little while longer. The trouble is getting the motivation going for the final push. As they say in our drafting classes, you have to start strong, finish strong.

I've realised recently, through a number of reminders, that I haven't really been analysing my motives or beliefs as much as I used to. I've just been trying to get things done and put away. I think I need some more time for self-reflection, and that will help my motivation. Now if only I can find the time for that.... Maybe that's part of why I'm writing this right now, hmmm....

My bank has been bought by another bank. This kind of scares me, but at this point I have so little cash in my savings it shouldn't matter much if it disappeared. Maybe I should be like David Belasco and keep it in a myriad of safes in my apartment. Heh, of course I'd only need one tiny safe in actuality. Maybe two if the money was in $1 bills. :)

I might be working in Utah this summer, if I can get the work permission squared away! Which reminds me, I should hit the hay in anticipation of taking a passport photo of myself...

1 Comments:

Blogger Aleksandra said...

Utah??? That's out of left field. Must be something pretty good to lure you away from your two favourite cities...

ps. - when I was packing my CDs to move(!), I came across a CD of NYC photos I promised to send you ages ago. I am a bad friend - I shall rectify that!

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home